ANNOUNCEMENT NO 1
European Bison Friends Society
would like to invite you
WISENT IN THE AUGUSTOWSKA FORESTE
That will be held on 9-10 September 2021
The conference is organized with Warsaw University of Life Sciences (SGGW) and Forest District Augustów. The main aim is to exchange experiences and discuss about the current issues in the field of conservation and breeding of European bison.
- The location for our eighteenth meeting in the cycle of international meetings concerning the wisent is Augustów. According to a legend, in this city took place the first meeting of King Zygmunt August and Barbara Radziwiłł, his second wife. In memory of that meeting the king founded the city and called it by his name. In the spring 2018, after more than two hundred years of absence, the wisents returned to the Augustowska Forest.
- Another option will be to combine the meeting in Augustów with an online meeting. We are planning a “live” broadcast connecting those who cannot be with us on the spot.
- Another option is to transfer the conference entirely to the Internet.
The choice of the variant will depend on the epidemiological situation.
- September 8th (Wednesday) is predicted for arrival and ice-breaking in the evening.
- September 9th (Thursday) we are planning 3 oral sessions
- September 10th (Friday) – 2 oral session and poster session
A detailed program will be determined after collecting the applications and sent in the next announcement.
For those who will be in Augustów, we will offer interesting trips, short on the days of the conference and longer on Saturday, September 11
CALL FOR PAPERS:
We invite you to present results of projects and your experiences in the form of oral presentations (approx. 15-20 minutes) or short communication (up to 5 min – e-poster).
We also would like to encourage you to publish papers or reports in the thirteenth edition of „European Bison Conservation Newsletter”. Papers published in this journal in English only. All details on papers’ preparation can be found on the EBFS website (https://smz.waw.pl/baza_wiedzy/wydawnictwo-smz/biuletyn/)
Summaries of presentations in Polish or English will be published as conference materials. Please prepare summaries (Polish authors in two languages) of a volume from 1500 to 3000 characters, containing the title, names of authors and their affiliations.
We would like to kindly inform you that from this year we prefer electronic submissions by completing the application form at https://smz.waw.pl/en/participation-application-form-2021/
We strongly encourage you to use this application option.
First registration May 31th, 2021
Papers for publication in EBCN June 30, 2021 (Final deadline)
Presentation’s summaries July 21, 2021
Payment September 1, 2021
Our meeting will be WARSZAWA HOTEL (https://www.hotelwarszawa.pl) in Augustów. Accommodation costs (ca 145-210 PLN/person/night), payable individually at the hotel, are covered by the participant (possibility of card payment). Cancellation of ordered rooms should be reported before August 20. Otherwise, the participant shall bear the costs of all reservation.
The conference fee for those who will arrive to Augustów is: for EBFS members is 400 PLN, for other participants 450 PLN. The fee includes:
- conference materials, translation
- food service (supper on September 8th, whole service on 9th and 10th of September)
- short trip during conference days
The conference fee for those who will participate online is: for EBFS members is 100 PLN, for other participants 150 PLN. The fee includes:
- conference materials, translation and broadcasting
Bank PEKAO SA IX o-Wa
Account No: 56 1240 1125 1111 0010 0872 7386
Owner: Stowarzyszenie Miłośników Żubrów
Ciszewskiego 8, 02-786 Warszawa
SWIFT No: PKOPPLPW
With the add: „Conference” and the name of the participant
Prof. dr hab. Wanda Olech
Mobile +48 605-095-501, tel +48 22 593-65-78, e-mail – email@example.com
Please send your application form via the website until the end of May 2021: (https://smz.waw.pl/en/participation-application-form-2021/)
EUROPEAN BISON CONSERVATION NEWSLETTER
CONFERENCE MATERIALS Conference Materials
Aggressive behavior of European bison - SURVEY